Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day Two

       Dear Reader Just in case you weren't sure what this blog was for (I wasn't, until just now), I am keeping this blog to generate some interest in my current project: The Lemon Meringue Pie Lie.  I spent, "whoa!", six hours today trying to connect with people who might be interested in The Lemon Meringue Pie Lie or who might know someone else who is.
      According to my two most knowledgeable friends, the audience is pretty small: possibly 30 percent of the population are interested in the psychology of emotion in children.  So I turned to the school who was interested in my real education...

March 30, 2011


Dear Fellow Educators,

     This letter is a belated follow-up to some correspondence that I wrote about three years ago regarding a book called The Lemon Meringue Pie Lie (once called Zabumbinha). The Escola Panamericana is a part of this book. I included the school because it was a nurturing part of my life just ten or so years after it opened. I was there in Bahía during 1969, thru 1972. During that time Pelé was the national rage, we danced in the streets during Festa de São João, contemplated Yemanjá, and the school was tiny compared to what I see today on the Pan American School, Bahia website.
      I am finally just beginning to talk about the ideas in the book and I have this blog  attached to my Facebook page.  I believe that the blog is probably only suitable to secondary students and adults.
     I intend to self-publish The Lemon Meringue Pie Lie within the year.  I am reaching out to you, to see if there is a teacher or teachers who you think may be interested in looking at the project. I can see the book’s vocabulary fitting nicely with your world culture classes or foreign language classes and perhaps with a Psychology class. I offer the book as an accolade and a tool. Look where my Pan American education took me!
      In exchange, I would be deeply grateful, if the students and teachers who come into contact with the book make constructive reviews of both the writing and the artwork. I am truly interested in their thoughts and suggestions. It is my hope that they won’t be shy! Once I publish it, perhaps anyone who likes the book will think of purchasing a hardcopy or an e-copy. 

      If you are interested in reading the book so that you may offer a review, I will give you more information on how to get a .pdf excerpt.  All you need to do is let me know you are interested.

--Wake 



1 comment:

  1. I'd be really interested in reading it, and my sister might be interested as well. She has a degree in psychology and is always interested in anything to do with especially psychology in children. Thanks, Jen Newell

    ReplyDelete